Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Site Admin

Default Actionbent Tadpole Trike

If you see an Orange/Yellow (Sunburst) Tadpole Trike running around the Westside or downtown, it'd be my Actionbent.

Last edited by Simple Nature; 01-27-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Site Admin

Default Ride

I ride a black Bareknuckle track bike most of the time. When the weather gets really nasty (snow/ice), or I just want to get muddy, I'll ride an orange GT Outpost converted to single-speed.

I'm on the waterfront trail for the most part commuting between sellwood and ne. I would be the guy with bushy muttonchops who has an obvious fear of color.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Site Admin

dis me And today i got to ride it Whhhhhooooo.

I stole this from the ww site

Last edited by K'Tesh; 09-28-2008 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr
Old 01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Site Admin

Default Total newbie query

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post the pic of my ride into the body of my reply. I can see how to add it as a linked attachment. The FAQ did me no good. Anybody?

Here's my 1980 Raleigh Comp GS, Campy Nuevo Sport groupo and some commuter updates. My wife has the light blue Gran Sport touring version of this bike. I purchased both new when I was a lad. Last of the Carlton Reynolds frames.

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-08-2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr
Old 01-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Site Admin

Donald,
Here is the code for posting images. Note that you must have your image hosted at a web site or image host such as flikr, pbase, smugmug etc.

IMG Code

This and other codes are in the Posting Rules box at the lower left of this page.

Bill
Old 01-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Site Admin

Default ahhhh...

Thanks, Bill.

The requirement to have the shot hosted on another server is what threw me, I reckon.

Well, in that case, click the link to see my other ride.

It's an '05 Gary Fisher Tassajara. Yeah, I'm one of those dorks with extentions on his riser bars, but, hey, more hand positions is more hand positions. Saddle is the Brookie off of my '80 Raleigh. I just love the look. Since, I've added Maxxis Hookworms. Heavy as heck, but impervious to flats and they give it a funny bottom-heavy feel that I like.

Wife has the silver/blue women-specific version with cantilevers instead of disks and I like the solid feel of her brakes. However, with the two boys and 50 pounds of groceries in the trailer, the disks on mine have no problem with our descent home from the store.

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-08-2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr
Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Site Admin

For commuting and city riding I use a 1972 English road frame with a fresh powdercoat, Nitto Albatross bars, a Brooks B17 and full fenders. More details over on the bike's (his name is Ron) Velospace page: http://velospace.org/node/1220

Longer road rides (metrics and club rides) I do on an '06 Motobecane Le Champion SL, weighing in at a scorching 17 lbs. Later this week I'll swap the frame out for a Salsa Campeon.

Hi Bikeportland, I'm Hollie. A bike dork is me.

Last edited by Hollisimo; 01-30-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: URL troubles
Old 01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Site Admin

I ride a 2006 Schwinn Supersport GTS. A flat bar road bike.

I chickened out on going full on road bike! I had been riding one of my boyfriend's ProFlex mountain bikes. He had a blue one (the one he rode) and a red one (the one I rode). Not too bad, actually, after we shifted the seat around a bit so I was more comfortable.

I got the Schwinnster (as I call it) the day before my birthday in May last year, and rode just about 675 miles before the winter really hit.

I put full fenders on it and rain tires, and, of course, haven't been able to get out much since I did that! But now that the difficult part of my job for the quarter is done, I will try to ride more.

As an aside, I think we're going to try for one of the local century rides sometime later this summer. We did the 60-mile version of the Portland Century in '06. The longest distance we've gone!

Thanks!
Kristen
Old 02-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Site Admin

Hi everyone, first post so why not be in this one? I had a Marin city bike that got stolen so that gave me a reason to get a fixie...it's definitely fun...

Forums are great, lots of good info...
Old 02-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Site Admin

I ride a Raleigh road bike converted to fixed gear. It's a lot of fun. But it's taken apart and being painted in my basement right now so I'm riding a geared mtn. bike. Heavy bikes with forgiving, slow geometry aren't so fun for me. I'm about to build up a track bike for extra quick turns and a higher bottom bracket. Looking to sell my Raleigh fixie come springtime...