Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > All About the West Side
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Site Admin

Default WashCo BTC Fall Bike Drive

The WashCo BTC is having a bike drive Oct. 15 thru Nov. 15th.
Donation sites in Washington County: Any Walgreens store; any Hillsboro Fire Station; TVF&R stations: Sunset & 185th or 209th North Training Center; or at the community bicycle center located at 137 NE 3rd Ave., Hillsboro.

Bikes will be cleaned, refurbished and readied for gift giving in the BTC's Holiday Adopt-a-Bike program. Go to www.washcobtc.org for more information about the program or if you would like to Adopt-a-Bike for someone. We hope to make at least 50 kids happy this holiday season with a bicycle package.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA_CA View Post
The WashCo BTC is having a bike drive Oct. 15 thru Nov. 15th.
Donation sites in Washington County: Any Walgreens store; any Hillsboro Fire Station; TVF&R stations: Sunset & 185th or 209th North Training Center; or at the community bicycle center located at 137 NE 3rd Ave., Hillsboro.

Bikes will be cleaned, refurbished and readied for gift giving in the BTC's Holiday Adopt-a-Bike program. Go to www.washcobtc.org for more information about the program or if you would like to Adopt-a-Bike for someone. We hope to make at least 50 kids happy this holiday season with a bicycle package.
NA_CA, I'm a BTC member and I'd like to provide some wrenching skills for Adopt-A-Bike, but I can't make it to the usual Tuesday times. I've contacted someone at BTC who said they would forward my info to the project leader for this, but he hasn't emailed me, despite several requests. Would you be able to forward my info to the right people? My email is alove42 at yahoo period com. Not to be too pushy, but I want to help beyond my usual cash donation but haven't heard anything. Thanks for any help.

Alan
Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Site Admin

Consider it done Alan....thanks
Just an fyi, we are not presently doing the Tuesday Volunteer night-all wrenching is done during business hours.
Stay tuned...and many thanks,
Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Site Admin

"bike drive" is an oxymoron...