Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Site Admin

Default Trolley Trail?

Anyone know the current condition of Trolley Trail? I rode along some of it a few months ago and, while beautiful, it had a lot of unfinished intersections. I never read any news about it opening or anything. I love the idea of doing a loop on Trolley Trail, Springwater Corrider and I-205 path. Anyone know what's up?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Site Admin

SC, here's what the most recent trolley trail website says:

December 22, 2011
NOTICE OF SCHEDULE CHANGE.
Substantial completion of the Trolley Trail has been delayed until March 2012with minor clean-up work continuing through the spring.

I rode it toward the end of last summer and it seemed like they were well into the paving. Haven't been back since -
Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Site Admin

I rode several nicely paved miles of it, but I had to dismount at several intersections that were incomplete, with gravel and general roughness. I'm mostly wondering if all of those rough intersections are now complete. The ride was gorgeous and crowded with cheerful pedestrian traffic when I went.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Site Admin

Unfortunately another example of very poor public communications on metro area trail projects. The last update on this project web site was over 4 months ago. The government agency pays the contractor to build the web site, but then updates are few and far between. Everyone involved is missing out on opportunities to wow the public and the voters that have to approve the next trail project.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Site Admin

Default Should be complete soon.

There was a Metro representative at the City of Tigard Bike/Ped meeting last night that mentioned this project. I didn't write it down in my notes, but I believe he said it was going to be complete within the next 6 months. It will also be one of the first trails to have the new Intertwine directional signs.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
Unfortunately another example of very poor public communications on metro area trail projects...Everyone involved is missing out on opportunities to wow the public and the voters that have to approve the next trail project.
Tell me about it! I wouldn't have know about it if it weren't for Bikeportland.org

Just like the I-84 path, I was stunned when I found out I'd been living so close to a nice bike path I'd never even heard of before.

Yay Portland