Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Smile Now this is funny... Google captured one of my repairs

I was out on Cedar Hills Blvd yesterday, coming home from the Orthopedist, when I spotted that ODOT had fixed (kinda) my complaints about the drains to the north of SW Butner Rd.

As I was talking to ODOT about fixing the gaps, I noticed that there was blackberries intruding on the bike lane to the north of Hw 26. Today, I get a confirmation request email from ODOT verifying the location.

On a lark, I decided to look at the streetview of the problem areas I had fixed, when I spotted a work-in-progress dealing with my complaint about the blackhole grate to the south of Butner.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Talking And now for one of my fastest responses to a repair request...

Getting off the bus today, I noticed the rotted wooden stump of an old mailbox's post sunken in a hole in the sidewalk.

I was literally on the phone calling Sherwood's Public Works Department, when I observed that the crew working on the sidewalk across the street was Sherwood's Public Works Department.

I walked up, and spoke to the supervisor, pointing out the hole, and he had his guys cold patch the hole in less than 15 minutes...

Thanks Sherwood!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh View Post
I walked up, and spoke to the supervisor, pointing out the hole, and he had his guys cold patch the hole in less than 15 minutes...
wow, that's got to be the fastest action ever taken... from complaint to fix in 15 minutes!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Lightbulb I think it's a tie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
wow, that's got to be the fastest action ever taken... from complaint to fix in 15 minutes!
I once called Tualatin about a water meter cover collapsing in a bike lane and they were out here in only minutes.

I sent Sherwood's Public Works an email thanks today complete w/pics.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Site Admin

Default Gravel in the bike lane, BH Highway just west of SW 21st

Here's a photo from last Thursday, 10/3/2013, on SW BH Highway, just west of SW 21st. It looks like SW 21st's gravel washed down into the bike lane, again, after the heavy rain the previous weekend.

You can see easily the gravel in the bike lane in the photo because I turned up my headlight to its full 3000 lumens and pointed it at the ground. I don't usually ride with it on full like that, because the battery won't last for the duration of my commute at that setting. As you can see, the gravel is just about the same color as the street.

I sent a note to safe@portlandoregon.gov. They said they would pass it on to street sweeping.

It was still there tonight, Monday 10/7/2013. I sent them another email tonight, telling them it was still there, and suggesting that they at least put out an orange cone.

--Seth

Tags
community service, diy, public service, self-help, volunteer