Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Site Admin

Default Mountain Park to close in SE (Hawthorne)

Currently, I take Kerr Parkway/Capital Hwy to Barber Blvd on in to downtown and over the Hawthorne Bridge. Does anyone know of a different route to the East end of the Hawthorne Bridge? Perhaps via the Sellwood Bridge/Eastbank Esplande or the Ross Island Bridge? Or even a different route to the downtown area?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Site Admin

Default sellwood bridge is allright but. . .

i would just ride the hawthorne. the Sellwood bridge is out of the way if you're coming from barbur, unless you come from LO or SW terwilliger area. the bridge sucks to ride on. you either have to ride the sidewalk which is super narrow and only on the north side of the bridge, or take the lane, and the people stuck behind bikes are NOT amicable, in fact, they make me want to carry a firearm when i ride. when i do ride it, i try my best to hold 20 mph all the way across. going westbound, its not as bad, and you can ride through the cemetary up to terwilliger and out.
i would just stay on the hawthorne bridge, and perhaps ride terwilliger by OHSU for a little variety.