Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > All About the West Side
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Site Admin

Probably the same process used on Roy Rd. I went on Roy just after the "dry" gray layer of gravel was put down and it wasn't too bad. I later went on it while they were sealing it (the black layer) and noticed very little use of the filler sand but copious quantities of the tar-stuff. Unfortunately, skimping on the sand resulted in not filling the voids. Subsequent trips along Roy Rd. shows it to be rougher than the "gray" layer by itself. Could be worse, but still not what it was before. Oh well, Washington Co. said to wait a few months? I'm thinking less tire pressure.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Site Admin

Simple Nature...any progress/luck, with the letter writing?

I hoped the recent Hwy 101 insufficient shoulder paving debacle, may have roused the public's awareness of the insidious short shrift bike traffic is being subject to on road paving. Maybe that's too much to hope for, or too soon to hope for it.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Site Admin

Not yet. I am giving it a lot of thought during my daily rides. I've never had any particularly diplomatic ability. It just seems so easy until you put pen to paper.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Nature View Post
Not yet. I am giving it a lot of thought during my daily rides. I've never had any particularly diplomatic ability. It just seems so easy until you put pen to paper.
Indicated by your comments posted to the forums, you'll do fine. Keep it simple and to the facts. Hearing from dozens of people...hundreds of people, is what it may take to bring this issue to a broader public awareness.