View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
Yeah, you're crazy... wild and crazy. Six months from now you'll be sporting that insanely ecstatic grin that's the Portland Winter Bike Commuters' Badge of Honor.
That's right, once you get the right gear you'll be very happy about the decision to bike commute. This morning on my ride in it suddenly started to rain pretty hard and I soon found myself grinning from ear to ear. You won't be able to help but feel invincible!

I've had very good experiences with River City, City Bikes, and the Bike Gallery on Woodstock. If you find yourself talking to an elitist or grumpy bike shop person just walk away, there are plenty of great people waiting to answer your questions and convert you into a full-time bike commuter.

It has taken me many months to work up to riding 5 days a week. At first I'd ride 2 or 3 days in a row then my muscles would start feeling like they needed a break so I listened to my body and took the bus or drove for a day or two.

In addition to local bike shops make full use of this forum, as well as bikeforums.net